TJE's theme for 2020–2021 is “Futures Matter: What is the Future of Transformative Education?” As we anticipate and prepare for the future (5, 10, and 20 years out) throughout this coming year, all TJE programming and activities will be implemented virtually to maintain safe and inclusive operations in the face of COVID-19.
Here are a few programs, publications, and projects to look forward to:
- A TJE and UC Davis Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion partnership to implement a campus-wide transformative justice model grounded in five key pedagogical stances (Winn, 2018; Summer 2020)
- Release of the Black Child Legacy Campaign Evaluation Report (Summer 2020)
- Launch of Transformative Justice Studies (Quarter @ Aggie Square, Fall 2020)
- TJE’s 3rd Transformative Justice Teacher Education Learning Community Convening (October 15–17, 2020)
- Release of a TJE “Futurecast” Series
- 2020–2021 Practitioner-in-Residence Anthony Weeks is an illustrator, visual storyteller, and public listener based in San Francisco. He has more than 20 years of experience working with senior-level product and strategy development teams to think visually and turn data into stories, and has been honored with an Emmy and a Student Academy Award for a 2010 documentary.
- Launch of the Future of Black Education project (Winter 2021)
- Publication of TJE’s edited book, Transformative Justice in Teacher Education, by Harvard Education Press (Spring 2021)